We have an exciting position available as a Deputy Manager to deliver high quality care to the children and young people resident within the home. You will be based in Liverpool on a full time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £(phone number removed), plus £50 per sleep.
New Start is a family run not-for-profit organisation providing residential and supported accommodation services for vulnerable adults, families, and young people.
We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Deputy Manager to assist the Registered Manager in the delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for the home, and day to day management matters.
Key duties as our Deputy Manager will be to:
- Demonstrate practical leadership in childcare and assist in the organising and supporting of staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person.
-Ensure the effective implementation of the Children Act 1989 and the accompanying guidance and regulations (Vol. 4 Residential Care), the Care Standards Act 2000 and the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001. This will be achieved in consultation with the relevant statutory body.
- Co-ordinate and access the appropriate services (health, education, therapy) to ensure the needs of each child and young person is met.
- Assist in the leadership and coaching in childcare practice within the home to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Assist the Registered Manager in mentoring and supporting the Residential Childcare Workers in provision of best possible childcare practices.
- Work with the Registered Manager to ensure that all policies and procedures are relevant and suitable for the home.
- Assist the Registered Manager in ensuring full regulatory compliance. This includes the annual inspection process.
- Assist the Registered Manager to sustain and develop the administration systems, recording systems and repair work, so that a warm and caring home environment is maintained.
- Provide an out of hours on-call service to staff on a rota basis with other managers.
- Assist the Registered Manager to supervise and support the staff group ensuring that the team are developed appropriately to meet the specific needs of children and young people in the home.
- Work alongside the Registered Manager to ensure that staff supervision continues to support both childcare delivery and staff development.
- Work with the Registered Manager to develop individual staff training programmes in line with company plans and needs and supervise/provide observations for staff through their NVQ Level 3 (Health and Social Care – Children and Young People).
- Work a 1 on/2 off rota, 10am-10am with sleep.
What we’re looking for in our ideal Deputy Manager:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in residential childcare
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a senior position within residential childcare
- Experience of Ofsted and knowledge of the Social Care Common Inspection Framework
- Relevant experience / good understanding of the National Minimum Standards for Children’s Homes
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce/Residential Childcare
- Full Drivers licence
- IT skills to include Word processing, Outlook and Excel
- Desirable – NVQ Level 5 in Leadership and Management, or working towards
- Desirable – Experience of working in an EBD home
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Deputy Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you
This post is subject to enhanced DBS criminal record disclosure and subscription with the DBS Update Service