Global Credit Control Manager
Who we are
Simmons is an international, innovative, law firm in 14 countries.
We focus on four main sectors:
- Asset Management &
- Financial Institutions
- Life Sciences
- Technology, Media &
We aim to be a first choice law firm for clients in the world’s
fastest growing industries and to develop our business around the
needs of our clients.
The Finance Function
The Finance Function in Simmons &
Simmons is undergoing aperiod
of development and refocusing to become more central to the running of
What the role encompasses
- Delivering an efficient and effective credit control service,
ensuring, through the efficient management of the credit control
teams, prompt cash collection.
- Anticipating requirements, monitoring service levels and
addressing issues within the credit control function.
- Maintaining and improving contacts within the Firm’s clients,
developing relationships and reducing issues and payment delays.
- Being the focal point for the Firm’s Management for all credit
- Managing direct reports and influencing others to provide a
quality service and ensuring that the team processes and objectives
align with business needs
- Applying commercial logic in order to advise the business on best
practice in order to obtain the maximum financial benefit for the firm
- Proactively seeking to improve, achieve and maintain an optimum
- Designing, building, producing and interpreting management reports.
- Managing the credit risk aspects of the onboarding process.
- Verifying and releasing of client and office account payments out
of the business.
- Dealing with a variety of compliance forms such as US Tax W8’s,
Audit letters and Vendor forms and providing the required
documentation to the client.
- Continuing development of Credit systems, working with 3rd party
providers, to provide optimum benefit to the firm
- Arrange departmental meetings with Partners to discuss and
distribute cash collection requirements and performance.
- Liaison with external Solicitors to manage the litigation process
Type of person we are looking for
- Can do, solution oriented;
hands on approach
- Great communication skills including the ability to explain
numbers to non-finance professionals and adapt style of written and
oral communication appropriately.
- Ability to form excellent working relationships both within the
firm (including other services) and with clients
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with people remotely
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure
- Excellent Excel skills and willingness to learn how systems works
(Knowledge of Credit Force an advantage)
- Confident and professional credit control manager with at least 7
- Able to manage conflict effectively and encourage others to do the same.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail
What we can offer you
We consider our people to be our competitive advantage:
- Our aim is to attract, motivate and retain the best talent
- A career at our firm should enhance you as an individual,
challenge you. But also give you some control over your life
- We are committed to developing people throughout their career
- We have a thriving Corporate Responsibility Culture
- A collegiate, professional environment