International Programmatic Associate Director
International ProgrammaticAssociate Director
About The Mediacom International Programmatic Buying Unit
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare and Wavemaker. Within these companies we have the largest search &
biddable operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
The Mediacom International biddable team is at the forefront of that structure. Servicing both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. We work on a mix of blue chip clients for both direct and brand led initiatives including but not limited to:
Shell, Sony, Bose and Sky.
Our vision for biddable is the integral role they play in the media mix and the connectivity between medias both on and offline with programmatic acting as a key gateway. A role in our team therefore allows you to advance your skill set as a subject expert but also exposes you to a much wider media business offering diversified training and development opportunities for a long term career path.
We have a large, dynamic &
fast growing International central London team with additional teams in local markets.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic programmatic specialist to join MediaCom Worldwide as a Programmatic Associate Director.
This is an opportunity to become part of a specialist team with an international remit across truly global advertisers. We have an integrated approach to planning and you would gain exposure to all media channels with the opportunity to feed insights back into programmatic strategies.
The Mediacom Worldwide Programmatic team services both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. The Programmatic Associate Director role would report directly into the Head of Programmatic.
Objectives of the Role:
The programmatic associate director will have proven knowledge and experience in Programmatic and DSP implementations. They will be familiar with and have experience of Programmatic tools, campaigns delivery and participate actively in Programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Campaign supervision &
- Ultimate responsibility of client interaction and the success of the relationship, with a focus on key strategic relationship, and team operations/deliverables
- Agree and set business objectives for each client and review campaign performance against these objectives
- Create/design programmatic strategy for client portfolio, ensuring strategy is clear and most appropriate to the client's objectives and KPIs
- Proactively educating clients and key internal stakeholders, reviewing, re-purposing, building and delivering educational material for the benefits of your client base.
- Oversee the team in their delivery ensuring that programmatic strategy and trading best practice and frameworks are adhered to, and that the team is able to demonstrate continued account evolution
- Train and support specialist campaign managers to increase knowledge across the department
- Take ownership of client’s programmatic strategic approach, campaign planning, implementation and reporting, as well as the client relationship
- Build and maintain relationships with priority and preferred technology partners
- To identify areas of growth opportunities (or limitations) that exists for the team and clients’ business and generates business plans for their development.
2. Key skills &
- An in-depth understanding of the programmatic landscape as it relates to various channels including display and video
- Detailed knowledge of all programmatic transactions from automated guaranteed to the open exchange and everything in between
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms:
DSPs, DMPs, verification tools, viewability, analytics etc.
- Deep knowledge and commitment to continued improvement in quality, brand safety and viewability across clients, including quality assurance frameworks for the PBU and product verification capabilities
- Create a matrix for test &
learn and report findings
- Discuss and brief new campaign elements and reporting requirements to team and manage status reporting upwards for successes and challenges at all times
- Oversea the team in their planning, management, optimisation and reporting of direct response and brand advertising campaigns
- Working with Head of PBU developing the programmatic pillars of data, strategy, operations, planning and insights
- To understand the role of programmatic media within the wider marketing mix, its strategic importance throughout the customer journey and relative performance through the application of Econometrics
- Strong project management skills and an efficient working style
- Strong presenting and MS office skills
3. Operating and Technical Requirements
- The effective day-to-day running of the accounts that sit within it
- Financial accuracy, through the planning and buying process, and reconciliation of spends, including client terms and programmatic fees
- The integration and understanding of other digital channels within the wider context of client business and media mix, by both internal and external stakeholders
- The appropriate use of tools to drive accountability, operational efficiencies and actionable business insights;
with the scoping of costs and agreed client outputs
- Act responsibly and professionally at all times, representing the team, department and company
- Be responsible for 100% financial accountability on clients’ business
- Drive revenue growth through spotting new opportunities and delivering excellent results
4. People Management
- The ability to manage, motivate and train individuals, in line with business requirements, resource, and development needs
- Ensure individuals workloads are managed and prioritised in line with client needs and SLAs
- Clearly outline tasks and objectives with the PBU Director, with specific deliverables and timelines for progression.
- To have identified training requirements with Line Manager, and a formal plan for delivery over 12 months
- To be responsible for the team’s development (their 360’s, and task &
objectives), and to be tied in to their own objectives
- Highlight great team work, and client initiatives. Demonstrate examples of Programmatic best practice to the wider team, and contribute to department and wider agency PR and communications
- Diarise weekly ‘WIP’ catch-ups, and regular task reviews
- Complete weekly time sheets, holiday/sickness forms, CPD
- Support Head of Programmatic on New Business RFIs and RPFs
- Participate in pitches and help with new business wins
- Identify areas of possible business growth within existing client base
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers in order to secure new business
- Up-selling and cross-selling PBU services for direct response and performance
Key Performance Indicators:
drive client relationships, serving and exceeding client expectations in the delivery of faultless PBU strategies and achieve high TRR (client satisfaction) scores across accounts
lead a team and be considered a successful and respected mentor to those team members careers at Mediacom
take ownership of account/function revenue targets (to be agreed)
lead the team to win new business and support future client growth (growth target to be agreed)
- Personal development:
Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate)