Internship: Senior Financial Analyst
Internship - Tjx
Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands:
TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common:
environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Marlborough || MA
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Finance (IT)
Are you looking to impact critical initiatives for a Fortune 100 company? Are you someone that is passionate about helping a business grow? If so, we are looking for someone hard working like you to join our Corporate IT Finance team!
Technology is embedded in all aspects of our business and is a crucial component to the continued success of TJX. You will be a key contributor to the finance organization by supporting IT, partnering directly with senior leadership, and delivering critical analyses &
reports that help get results.
· Lead analysis on IT strategy projects for TJX in order to provide impactful recommendations that support the organization’s goals
· Prepare complex financial models, including Pro-forma Statements, Discounted Cash Flow Models, P&
L, Pre/Post Analysis andreporting that facilitate analysis of key initiatives
· Partner with various operating groups and divisional partners to develop potential initiatives and business cases
· Present analyses results across all levels of management, including the Chief Information Officer and Divisional CFOs.
· Return on Investment – Evaluate projects to determine if the projects support the long term growth of the business and meet key investment criteria
· Performance Attribution – Identify IT trends and partner with operating groups to apply takeaways that will improve performance
· IT Infrastructure – Analyze IT hardware and software opportunities and offer recommendations to senior management
· Support Senior Management – critical metric reporting and presentation preparation
· 3-5 years of financial analysis experience;
Consulting, Investment Banking, or FP&
A experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or similar subject area, MBA a plus
· Understanding of and experience with key financial concepts, including but not limited to financial statements, cash flow, net present value, and return on investment
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to simplify complex projects and present key details / conclusions
· Strong analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, acquire mutual agreement as to the resolution and implement change
· Must be proactive, high energy, results-oriented, and willing to motivate change
· Proven aptitude with Microsoft Office applications including advanced Excel skills
· Ability to make sound decisions with minimal direct supervision
· Interested in being part of a team environment with rapidly changing assignments. Experience in project management and / or prioritization is a plus
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market:
Financial, Financial Analyst, Consulting, Embedded, Finance MBA, Finance, Technology