Internship: Sr Logistics Analyst
Internship - Tjx
Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands:
TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common:
environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Sr. Logistics Analyst, Marlborough, MA
The Senior Logistics Analyst will participate in diverse and challenging projects across the end to end supply chain that combine operations research, optimization and simulation. The Senior Logistics Analysts will identify efficiency opportunities, provide analytical expertise, and support data driven decision making throughout the logistics organization.
He or She will tackle sophisticated problems through model building, scenario planning and business case development in partnership with key stakeholders. Responsibilities include providing creative and structured analysis to identify performance improvement opportunities and the ability to communicate findings clearly across the organization.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing logistics footprint, inclusive of facilities, carriers and product flow
· Support network and port strategy development;
assess business plans and needs to determine required changes (e.G., new facilities, green-field analysis)
· Build capacity model;
refresh capacity plan weekly based on operations execution, changes in buying strategy, planned growth, and market changes;
share key updates and recommendations with partners
· Conduct and write an annual and rolling workforce plan, using inputs from logistics, external market trends, historical performance, human resources, and business partners
· Lead and deliver strategic business initiative assessments through planning, strategy development, modeling and scenario planning, business case creation and operational assessments and improvements
· Review and validate data, build and validate models, run scenarios and assist in business case preparation
· Determine, track, and contextualize benefits realization and initiative performance
· Llamasoft modeling application experience required (Supply Chain Guru, Data Guru, Demand Guru, Logicnet Plus)
· 3+ years of experience supply chain planning and design;
Knowledge of the principals of optimization and how optimization is performed using software packages
· Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree (preferred) in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Business, or Finance
· Technology tools expertise(ex. Excel, SQL, Access, Tableau, TMS tools)
· Experience in supply chain, operations, analytics, finance or related field a plus
· Advanced analytical skills, including complex data, network modeling and principles of optimization (network optimization, inventory optimization, product flow analysis, operations planning)
· Bid tool output understanding is a plus
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market:
Logistics, Engineer, Supply, SQL, Operations, Engineering, Research, Technology