Conrad Finance are pleased to be supporting a leading client based on the outskirts of Cambridge. Due to their continued growth they are now looking to recruit a hands on Operations Manager to join their successful operations team in an extremely varied position and be responsible for all day to day operations.
The successful candidate will ideally have worked within a Manufacturing, Construction, Aggregates or Engineering related business and have experience working in a varied operational position with similar duties as below:
* Manage and support current operations team to achieve daily production targets and completion of daily picking/packing of orders
* Ensure necessary resources are in place including staff, training, equipment and materials. Utilising temporary staff for peak production periods
* You will manage Stock inventory inline with company's objectives/processes- stock monitoring/ bills of material etc
* Where relevant implement process improvements- existing operations and future operations expansion. Review of existing and future machinery and equipment to achieve the most efficient operation
* Management of Operations budget lines to ensure expenditure in line with budget
* Develop the planned preventative maintenance process for all buildings, open spaces, utilities, equipment and machinery
* Maintain, react and take steps to ensure that any damage as a result from any accident or damages to equipment is rectified to reduce lost time or operational efficiency on site
* Manage the whole company fleet of cars and vans in line with company processes and procedures
* Support, manage and provide effective leadership for health and safety, actively participating in monthly/quarterly department meetings across all business units.
* Ensure the requirements of management systems (45001 (HS), 14001 (E), 9001 (Q), 6001 (RS)) are maintained across all business units
* You will manage the Incident reporting process - investigate, critically analyse, root cause analysis, report and detail improvements to prevent accidents /injuries
* Manage and maintain the sites COSHH database, ensuring COSHH data sheets are available for all substances used across all business units
* Provide competent advice and technical guidance on relevant legislation to enable management to discharge their statutory duty.
* Coordinate driver and road safety across the fleet to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in road safety standards
This is an exciting and varied position with an established business that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of their continued growth and success.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please send an up to date CV to Stuart Allsopp at Conrad Finance.