Warehouse Operations Manager
Warehouse Operations Manager
£55,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
We're looking for an experienced warehouse operations manager to help us stand up our new, state of the art distribution centre in Biggleswade.
Opening in January 2022, Biggleswade will be our flagship depot in the heart of Bedfordshire;
the biggest, most sustainable and high-tech regional distribution centre in our network.
Reporting directly into the depot operations manager, you'll manage all aspects of the day to day warehouse operation, making sure all areas run as safely and efficiently as possible. Working together with managers, you'll lead, develop and engage a multi-skilled team of up to 600 warehouse colleagues, so it's a big role, but an important one.
If you can bring us the warehouse management experience we need, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills, build a career and help shape the future of this brand-new depot.
What you'll do:
* be accountable for the warehouse operation in Biggleswade 24/7 including headcount, safety, compliance and equipment
* lead, coach and manage up to 600 warehouse colleagues (direct and indirect)
* deliver critical warehouse targets and oversee an operational budget of up to £45m
* collaborate with a wide range of internal colleagues and 3rd party agencies and supplier
* collaborate closely with wider depot teams to ensure an efficient service between the depot and our food stores
* implement health and safety procedures across the depot and challenge situations where risk hasn't been considered
* drive a continuous improvement culture within the warehouse teams
This role would suit people who have:
* extensive warehouse management experience
* proven experience leading and developing up to 600 colleagues over a 24/7 operation
* strong relationship management experience with the ability to communicate with and influence people at all levels
* experience managing a sizeable budget and working towards targets
* experience of operating in a heavily unionised environment
* great knowledge of employment and safety legislation
* a strategic way of thinking and ability to translate strategy into operational tasks
As a Co-op colleague you'll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a package that includes:
* a competitive salary
* private health cover
* an annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.Co.Uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme