Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory Group
The Team Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power &
Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management. We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting. Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services - Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment Strategic - Governance, Policy &
Strategy, Valuation - Transformation - Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM. The Role As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for - Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs. - Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high. - Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis. - Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard. - Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level. Business development:
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments - Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives. - Coaching and mentoring other staff. - Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values The Person We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM. Essential Requirements:
- Asset management policy and strategy - Assessing and managing asset management risks - Asset management information and knowledge - Dual Qualified &
accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. - Life-cycle decision-making - Developing asset management plans - Managing asset lifecycle activities - Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area. - Transport, Oil &
Gas, Aerospace, Defenceor Power sectors - Strong analytical skills. - Strong written, communication and presentation skills. - Good client relationship track record. - Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels. - Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams. - Commercial awareness. - Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience. Non Essential:
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities - Asset performance management - Contractor and supplier management - Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning - Asset care and maintenance management - Sustainable asset management - Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting - Asset management information systems - It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.