To support the sustaining engineering for existing products and processes. To develop and deliver the technology and new product / processes for next generation of equipment. To ensure a safe working environment with zero tolerance for non-conformance.
Development (Code &
- Modifying, customising and debugging C++ software under the guidance of the team leader. Developing new software and migrating the software to other development systems.
- To oversee, coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities. Report monthly on adherence to cost, schedule and specification plans.
- Contribute to preparation of annual budget plans, schedule expenditures, and ensure that the engineering projects meets their quotas and goals. Monitor the progress of work, proactively identify bottlenecks and problems to ensure swift resolution.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department. Ensure consistency in the understanding and application of said processes.
- To lead and organise Engineering Meetings, ensuring that experience and knowledge is shared to the benefit of all staff involved and that actions arising from meetings are clearly understood and followed up.
- Real time software development
- Windows 10 internals
- Hardware interfacing hardware abstraction layer
- Network communication &
- Knowledge of Image analysis and image processing an advantage
- C++ builder an advantage
- Servo motor control an advantage
Product (Test, Calibration, diagnostics, infield support)
- To oversee, coordinate &
support machine production of the electrical, electronic and control systems. This includes:
To liaise and work with mechanical production team.
To power up complete machine brining sections to life, programming sub systems, testing and calibrating. Finally testing the whole machine operation.
Prepare and backup systems prior to shipment.
soldering alongside theIT
- To continually assess methods, products and costs and help design team improve products/production techniques.
- To support infield customers with problem’s through email, telephone, remote access and visits ensuring ongoing high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To feedback infield problems to the design team for product improvement using the non-conformance process.
- To implement and co-ordinate cost reductions in line with the Business Strategy, ensuring that the improvements are well prepared and clear plans are developed and executed.
- Maintaining relationships with customers by delivering on commitments and clearly understanding the JTBD
(Job to be done)
- To ensure that all agreed customer service processes are followed. To assist in finding solutions where any customer issues arise.
Indicative Performance Measures
- Project on time delivery (milestone adherence)
- BoM cost (launched &
- Customer Satisfaction &
- IP generated &
protected (Patents / trade secrets / designs)
- Cost of Quality
- Warranty returns &
S (events, near misses &
- Achievement of personal and company objectives linked to the Business Growth Plan
Person Specification – Essential requirements unless stated
- Ideally educated to Bachelor level in a Technical discipline, an Electrical engineer, Robotic engineering / mechatronics background.
- Engineering experience with a background in the design &
manufacture of technical products for a global market.
- Customer focussed, able to deliver solutions.
- Excellent communicator who works well as an individual and within teams.
- Computer literate and numerate with excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong relationship building skills in a complex organisation.
- Awareness of and empathy with other cultures and business environments.
- To work at all times in line with the terms of the company vision, culture. To be an active and engaged member of the team and to be a positive visible role model.
- To perform any other related duties and to work flexibly when required in order to meet the needs of the business.
- To be able to work hands on the factory floor and in customer facilities